Saturday at Pitch, come to the Fire Pit stage for a host of talented and thought provoking speakers and poets! Some tickets are still available here.
The Stage will begin with an open mic 10.30 to 11.30 where you can explore, celebrate your creativity.
The days talk will be given by Antonella Gambotto-Burke, speaking on the romance of intimacy and attachment. Antonella contributes to international newspapers and magazines, including Vogue, Harper’s Bazaar, Elle, The Australian, The Telegraph (UK), The Mail on Sunday (UK) and The Guardian (UK).
Poetry will come from an array of insightful and powerful writers. Not to be missed are:
- Dave James Horn – host of the stage, I draw my poetry from an interest in philosophy and social observation.
- Keven Blake – a poet and a comic, Kevin Blake applies a quick wit and dry sense of humour to the ridulousness of life.
- Emma Mitchell – a punk-poet, Emma Mitchell brings a raw and vicerall tone to her poetry as she tackles the issues she sees in our society
- Faith Warn – ex-BBC radio and freelance journalist Faith Warn has a considered and deep approach to life, celebrating and exploring it from its intricies to its oddities
- Louise O’Connell – a writer tackling often challenging subjects, Louise O’Connell takes a strong and direct approach to her poetry
- Sharon McCarron – often described as the Poet Laurette of Folkestone, Sharon McCarron is a powerful writer who takes on big subjects to sometimes devasting effect.